Steps towards certification
- Visit the section Scheme documents on our website to download the Scheme requirements (free of charge).
- Complete a self-assessment against the requirements with the possible support of a licensed Training Organization for additional advice (voluntary).
- Contact an FSSC licensed Certification Body.
- Arrange an audit by the CB of the food safety management system and facilities and implement any corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Contact an FSSC licensed Training Organization for additional advice (voluntary).
- Once the audit is deemed successful, the Certification Body will register the certificate.
- Annual surveillance audits conducted (including one unannounced audit every three years).
- Recertification every three years.