The FSSC Foundation is a non-profit organization and independent Scheme owner with a mission: to give confidence and make an impact in the consumer goods industry.
More than 30,000 organizations worldwide are FSSC 22000 certified, including premium A-brands. In addition, the FSSC 24000 sustainability Scheme was published last year. This Scheme contributes to FSSC’s vision to create a better world.
FSSC employs just over 40 professionals, some of whom work from the Netherlands, the rest from other locations worldwide.
As the Market Development Director, you will be responsible for the Market Development (MD) department, including overall strategic planning, project portfolio management, and driving continual improvement to ensure global stakeholder engagement and uptake of the FSSC Schemes, its related Development Programs, and the Industry Assurance Platform (AP) digital solutions.
For this position, you need to be a resident of Europe.
Key Result Areas
Strategic & management
- Develop and maintain the MD strategy aligned with the Foundation’s global strategy and growth plans,
- Implement strategic and business vision.
- Responsible for the MD department’s overall management, including staff (global representatives team) and collaboration with other internal stakeholders.
- Create and manage an ecosystem for MD collaboration with external stakeholders to ensure the effective operation and improvement of the Schemes, Development Programs, and the industry AP digital solutions.
- Lead key initiatives and department (digital) transformation projects aligned to the Foundation’s global strategy and growth business plans, including the management of the project portfolio for the department.
- Manage strategic relationships with key external stakeholders (CBs, ABs, governments, industry, etc.).
- Manage your team and ensure e personnel internal satisfaction within the department based on motivational incentives, leadership, teamwork, and career plans.
- Manage operating costs and investments within the department.
- Overseeing process efficiency and improvement, compliance to targets and milestones, and ensuring resources for effective operation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal Market Development Director:
- Academic or Bachelor’s degree in business management or MBA with an emphasis on business/marketing,
- Minimum of 20 years experience in the consumer goods industry focused on B2B market development or related areas,
- Experienced in affinity with safety or sustainability management systems implementation,
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in an international environment,
- Strong business, communications, program management, and operational skills,
- Self-motivated with very good communication, presentation, and people skills,
- Capable of building strong interpersonal relationships and an excellent,
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity,
- Fluent in English; ability to read, write, and speak English at a high proficiency level.
What We Offer
The Foundation offers a healthy work-life balance in an international environment through agile working. We ensure excellent work is recognized and rewarded, and additional benefits include:
- Provision of resources and support for personal training and development in line with our core values of Transparency, Integrity, Ambition, Engagement, and Care.
- Open and diverse culture within a flexible organization since you get to choose where you want to work most of the time.
- Attractive salary allowances with benefits that match responsibilities and experience.
FSSC will only be processing applications from candidates who live and have the right to work in the European Union.
ICT Career is our partner for finding the best possible candidate for this role. They will be responsible for the initial recruitment procedure of the Market Development Director vacancy. The application procedure consists of one video call with ICT Career and two rounds of interviews with FSSC.