There is an exciting new opportunity to join the Foundation FSSC for a leadership role in the Management Team as Integrity Program Director.
You will be responsible for the Foundation’s Integrity Program department, including overall strategic planning, project portfolio management, and driving continual improvement to ensure a reliable level of trustworthiness of the FSSC Scheme implementation by the Licensed Partners. You will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in this role.
The successful candidate shall preferably be based in The Netherlands.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Strategy & Management
- Develop and maintain the Integrity Program strategy aligned with the Foundation’s global strategy and growth plans, including setting and deploying key initiatives, risk analysis, and contingency planning for the department.
- Implement strategic and business vision, including setting and deploying department annual objectives and plans in consultation with the Foundation’s management board.
- Responsible for the Integrity Program (IP) department’s overall management, including staff and collaboration with other internal stakeholders. Duties include staff supervision and support, providing advice and conflict resolution management to staff, and maintaining the department’s standard and quality of work by implementing the Foundation’s policies to ensure a cohesive and productive work environment.
- Create and manage an ecosystem for IP collaboration with external interested parties and licensed partners to ensure the effective operation and improvement of the program.
- Spearheaded key initiatives and department (digital) transformation projects aligned to the Foundation’s global strategy and growth business plans, including managing the project portfolio for the department.
- Manage strategic relationships with key external stakeholders (e.g., CBs, ABs, GFSI, governments, industry, etc.).
- Manage operating costs and investments within the department.
- Overseeing process efficiency and improvement, compliance to targets and milestones, and ensuring resources for effective operation.
- Liaise and represents the IP department in events and work groups with an external network of stakeholders.
- Manages crises and escalations and provides direction for the resolution of conflicts to the managers.
- Ensuring that staff members comply with the policies and procedures of the department aligned to the Foundation’s guidelines.
- Ensure personnel internal satisfaction within the department based on motivational incentives, leadership, teamworking, and career plans.
- Risk analysis and mitigation plan development for the department.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Academic or bachelor’s degree (Business, Engineering, Science).
- Work experience: 20+ years of experience in food safety/quality management systems auditing or implementation in an international environment including managerial experience (minimum 5 years) in a complex environment.
- Ability to implement the business vision, and mission through strategic plans.
- Ability to demonstrate impact on business results, value creation of products/services, organization, and complex projects.
- Strong organizational, project management, team working, and leadership skills.
- Business acumen, ability to build personal credibility and networking.
- Effective communication and building relationship-building skills that work across a range of stakeholders, colleagues, and all relevant levels.
- Outstanding analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to navigate stressful work situations.
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proficiency level in English, and additional languages is added value for the position.
What We Offer
FSSC offers and promotes a healthy work-life balance in an international environment through agile working. We ensure excellent work is recognized and rewarded. Additional benefits are:
- Provision of resources and support for personal training and development in line with our core values.
- Open and diverse culture within a flexible organization.
- Attractive salary, allowances, and benefits that match responsibilities and experience.
- Flexibility in terms of remote working: you get to choose where you want to work most of the time.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to [email protected], or contact us if you would like more information via the same email address.