Job Opening Technical Officer
A new role has been created for a Technical Officer, who will support the Technical Manager in all processes related to the development and maintenance of the FSSC 22000 Certification Scheme and associated projects.
In this position you will prepare activities and proposals for work with our main stakeholders: the FSSC 22000 Advisory Committee, Certification Bodies, Accreditation Bodies, Training Organizations, ISO, GFSI and Governments.
We offer you a junior position in a small, yet flexible and dynamic team, with the opportunity to grow in your position whilst gaining exposure to the wider food safety community. You will work closely with the Technical and the Integrity Program teams consisting of several international (senior) professionals. Our ideal candidate has at least three years of experience in food safety or quality related functions in a manufacturing or certification environment.
This permanent position is based at our main office in Gorinchem, the Netherlands. Applications from residents outside the Netherlands will not be considered.
- Provide support to the Technical Manager with Scheme development and maintenance activities.
- Main point of contact for technical questions from our Partners (for example Certification Bodies, Accreditation Bodies and Training Organizations) through our support system MyFSSC. You will manage and maintain articles within MyFSSC and will answer support requests. You’re responsible for effective communication with these partners and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical support including development of documentation and preparation of information for technical meetings (e.g. Advisory Committee, ISO, etc.).
- Maintain technical Scheme documentation according to the procedural requirements and be responsible for the maintenance of the document control system.
- Participate in and support internal and external projects.
Knowledge and Skills
- 3-year experience in quality assurance, quality management, food safety assurance or technical functions in the (food) industry and/or certification bodies.
- Knowledge of Certification and Food Safety Standards is preferred.
- Tertiary education in a food related field would be to your advantage.
- Ability to analyze information and propose solutions as part of continual improvement.
- Knowledge and working experience with online Databases or other information systems.
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Independent worker and team player.
- Able to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a high proficiency level (additional languages would be to your advantage).
What we Offer
- Small, dynamic International team
The FSSC team consists of 22 team members, 13 of which are based in the Netherlands and 9 are based worldwide (China, Japan, USA, Mexico, India and Australia). Our main language is English and we work in an informal manner, based on mutual respect and team work.
- Opportunity to grow
The position of Technical Officer is a junior position which offers you the opportunity to grow. We offer exposure to the food safety industry and the possibility to learn on the job by working closely with our food safety experts i.e. the Technical Manager, Senior Technical Advisor and the Integrity team. Last but not least an annual training budget is included in your salary package.
- Our office
You’re based in our office in Gorinchem, the Netherlands. This is a new position and we estimate the position on 32 to 40 hours a week.
FSSC 22000 is the leading, global food safety certification scheme with the mission to provide a trusted brand assurance platform to the consumer goods industry. Are you as serious about food safety and quality as we are? Join us and help contribute to realizing our mission.
If you are interested in the position please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Click HERE to follow us on LinkedIn
Explore our insights
- Foundation FSSC
- FSSC 24000
FSSC 24000 applies for SSCI Benchmarking
Foundation FSSC is pleased to advise that we have applied to the Consumer Goods Forum’s (CGF) Sustainable Supply Chain Initiative (SSCI) for FSSC 24000 Social Sustainability Management System Certification Scheme under the SSCI Benchmark’s Processing and Manufacturing scope.